If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Chargeport Design Release Engineer will lead the design, development, and sourcing for charge ports of the global market including but not limited to the CCS1, CCS2, and GB/T. The Engineer shall adhere to the automotive standards and ensure the products satisfy all regulatory and Canoo requirements.
- Work closely with the HV distribution and HV electronics teams to understand the specific requirements for Chargeport integration and function
- Lead cross-functional collaborations with body, exteriors, closures, HV distribution, LV distribution, design, EE systems and other vehicle teams as needed to develop an efficient integration strategy for Chargeport design to meet all system requirements across multiple vehicle programs
- Support cross-functional teams to provide solutions to integration issues as needed to ensure vehicle attributes and timing are maintained
- Responsible for creating/maintaining Chargeport component technical specifications
- Ensure Chargeport integration meets Canoo DFM, DFS and quality standards
- Maintain all part attributes in Catia V6/3Dexperience for the Chargeport assembly and components to ensure they comply to Canoo standards and system weight targets
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis for the Chargeport system to ensure it meets the vehicle requirements for strength, durability, thermal and stiffness
- Work with commercial teams (Programs, Supply Chain) to source the Chargeport(s) from suppliers such that quality, cost targets, and schedules are met to ensure compliance to overall company goals.
- Lead supplier meetings driving development and part release for Chargeport assembly and components, ensuring that all Canoo and regulatory design targets are met
- Support in the development of detailed component and system DFMEA and DVP&R
- Work with Canoo test team and supplier testing team to ensure successful testing per DVP
- Support all phases of Beta and Gamma builds as needed to ensure smooth product launch
- Document product issues, identify RC, develop ICA and PCA in a timely manner to ensure testing and development deadlines can be maintained
- 3+ year of experience with CATIA V5 or V6 (V6 preferred). Additional experience using SolidWorks or related CAD tool is a plus
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering with 2+ years of automotive experience
- Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation.
- Experience with vehicle integration of electronic components and electromechanical devices
- Experienced in creating and maintaining technical engineering documentation
- Experience using analysis software such as Altaire Inspire
- Experience with design and development of CCS1 chargeport with fundamental understanding of regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communications skills and take ownership to deliver results
- Demonstrated organizational and planning experience
- Fundamental understanding of electronics, mechanical, and UI/UX considerations
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.