If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Canoo ADAS team is responsible for delivering driver assistance features to the user for our complete Level 2 system. The team is executing on this mission by using a central domain controller which houses all of the camera based perception, sensor fusion, planning, decisions, and controls. As a growing team, we are looking to add an experienced Software Architect to support multiple product lines.
- Definition and architecture of full software stack for the ADAS central domain controller and the ADAS system
- Providing technical leadership and influencing BSP, middleware and application software teams in building a reliable and scalable software stack
- Characterize, profile and optimize system software for functionality, power, resources and security
- Developing software for critical components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like system architecture, hardware, BSP, security, cloud and vehicle engineering in developing robust end to end solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Automotive or Electronics industry
- 7+ years in SW development roles for embedded systems; with 5 or more years in one of the areas - BSP, Middleware, networking and QNX based embedded systems
- Experience in developing efficient communications using shared memory, IPC, SOC to SOC, automotive ethernet, and CAN
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning algorithm integrations into a complex software stack including GPU optimizations
- Experience with Nvidia DriveOS
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communications skills and take ownership to deliver results
- Prior experience with power management, board diagnostics, fault management or failure modes
- Thrives in fast-paced agile environment
- Strong knowledge of SW engineering processes for mission-critical applications
- Broad understanding of multiple domains involved in electronics and communication devices
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.