Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Closures CAE engineer will be responsible for the closure system structural simulations by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
- Develop Closure Systems (Doors, Liftgates, and Hoods) and Closure Trim performance for Durability, NVH and Safety attributes using CAE methods to meet defined performance targets
- Optimize mass for closure systems including front/rear door / lift gate
- Build and maintain the closure CAE model
- Post process analysis results and make design recommendation to multi-disciplinary teams
- Support component, sub-systems and vehicle testing to correlate closure CAE models
- Collaborate with suppliers / test vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of CAE models
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of CAE closure analysis experience in automotive industry or equivalent
- Highly skilled in “hands on” CAE model development using HyperMesh / ANSA
- Full understanding and experience of the closure load cases including door sag / door slam / door over-open, FMVSS 214 Static, etc.
- Experience with closure analysis in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred
- Expert in linear / non-linear FE solvers such as Optistruct / LS-Dyna / ABAQUS
- Practical experience in fatigue calculation tools such as nCode / FeSafe
- Strong understanding on the solid mechanics and materials. Material characterization experience is a plus
- Structural Optimization experience in Topology / Size / Shape optimization using Optistruct / Genesis is highly preferred
- Experience in closure test planning for component level and vehicle level physical tests
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis results in a tight schedule within a collaborative team environment
- High attention to detail
- Creative mindset with the ability to create practical work-around solutions when necessary
- Open-minded with a desire and aptitude to work in a team environment with individuals having diverse backgrounds and experience
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.