If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The primary responsibility of this role is to build and implement UI strategy across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile and in-vehicle). You will bring concepts to reality through the use of various visualization practices and by collaborating with a team of UX designers and developers.
- Maintain and elevate the user interface design system of our in-vehicle and mobile device experience
- Apply advance understanding of composition, color, typography, iconography, sound and usability.
- Bring product requirements, vehicle behaviors and user experience documentation to life with polished user interface design
- Work cross-functionally to deliver cohesive designs that are best in class.
- Apply design thinking to solve complex user experience problems; display mindfulness towards cross-platform compatibility
- Create and own all necessary designs from ideation to delivery, including sketches, high fidelity comps, UI assets and developer documentation.
- Collaborate and work closely with Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly experiences
- Collaborate with and formally present to business stakeholders
- Stay up to speed on relevant industry standards and monitor competitive products
- Bachelors or master’s degree in or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of experience in user interface design
- Very strong knowledge of user interface design
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud products and Sketch for comps, wireframes and prototypes
- Understanding of visual and sensory systems design
- Design process and specifications documentation
- Interactive prototyping
- Proven written and verbal communication skills: you can effectively articulate your ideas and advocate for your designs.
- A positive attitude and a lack of ego are a must. We strongly support team collaboration, idea sharing and mentorship
- Automotive experience is a big plus
- Motion graphics (After Effects)
- User experience, information architecture and wireframing
- Sound design, understanding and application
- 3D Software capabilities (MAYA, Cinema 4D, Keyshot)
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.