Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
Lead and grow organization to design, develop, implement and validate a competitive High voltage electrification power electronics in consumer and fleet vehicle applications. Institute standardized product development methods and processes to ensure smooth launches. Set product strategies and technology roadmap.
- Grow engineering team capabilities in the design and development of high voltage electrification electronics. Lead with aggression, guile, and decisiveness
- Develop long term roadmap and strategy for Canoo’s electrification electronics, with resource and financial needs
- Maintain deep supplier relationships with key strategic suppliers for High voltage inverter, converter, and charging systems
- Evaluate, benchmark OEM supplier technology roadmaps, and formulate proof points to gauge Canoo’s competitive posture
- Create and maintain internal Canoo’s high voltage electronics platforms and vehicle use case roadmap.
- Advise Canoo executive management on matters of High voltage electronics
- Master’s degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
- 5 or more years leading engineering in high voltage electronics development or applications
- Strong current network of contacts within the relevant hardware and software supply community.
- Executive presence to succinctly report status and recommendations for action.
- Experience creating and executing high voltage electronics development and validation test plans.
- Up to date with current trends of subcomponents, high voltage electronics and charging system technologies.
- Experience in battery module and pack architecture
- Experience in battery systems safety strategy and testing
- PHD In Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
- Experience with automotive standards for high voltage electronics
- Experience with ISO26262 standards and due care criteria
- Experience with Power electronics simulation tools
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.