Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
- Design and development of Body-in-White system to meet vehicle requirements (function, cost, weight)
- Develop the architecture and propose alternative engineer solutions for battery pack structure and suspension interface
- Work on cross-functional teams (Suspension, Powertrain, Manufacturing, and Interior) to develop efficient designs and leading the integration of interfacing components
- Interact with CAE team and interpret results to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection and Fatigue requirements
- Development of DFMEA, DVP&Rs and GD&T documentation
- Manage deliverables for all program milestones including cost and timing
- Support testing, prototype build, and launch activities
- Coordinate with manufacturing group on mass production assembly solutions, assembly sequence, and part feasibility
- Own a portion of the underbody design
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to deliver vehicle structural performance, packaging, mass, cost and timing targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5-10 years of BiW Design experience
- Experience with CATIA to develop complex 3D surfacing and solid models
- Expert knowledge of BiW architecture and construction
Understanding of vehicle crash, stiffness, and NVH
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.