If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Evaluates, selects, and manages Suppliers for serial production commodities of a specialized and complex nature. Executes sourcing strategies to maximize opportunity, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Engages Suppliers to cultivate relationships and to maintain positive standing in industry. Manages RFI/RFQ process including preparation of all requirements and Statements of Work. Analyzes supplier proposals in comparison to success criteria and applicable benchmarks. Negotiates cost and terms. Monitors Supplier performance and manages gaps. This position requires knowledge of Procurement and Manufacturing principles as well as the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Examples of Duties:
- - Conducts research of market conditions and relevant SWOT analysis to gather data for strategic planning.
- - Investigates technology roadmaps of industry and key suppliers to anticipate opportunities.
- - Executes commodity sourcing strategies.
- - Identifies Supplier candidates, establishes relationship to facilitate quoting process.
- - Organizes and leads Technical Review meetings with candidate Suppliers and Canoo Engineering.
- - Prepares comprehensive RFI/RFQ packages and manages RFI/RFQ process to ensure accuracy.
- - Works with Supplier candidates and internal team to achieve best total landed cost.
- - Works with Canoo team members to construct approval package for leadership consideration, including objective evaluation of key elements such as cost, quality & delivery.
- - Visits Suppliers to conduct on-site negotiations and business review meetings.
- - Audits tooling and unit costs through review of supplier evidence & through on-site visitation.
- - Negotiates annual productivity cost reductions, conducts VA/VE review with Supplier and Canoo team members.
- - Manage material Sourcing Agreement in Oracle.
- - Tracks, monitors and updates material sourcing agreements as per pre-negotiated mechanisms.
- - Monitors suppliers’ performance and works with Supplier and Canoo team members to escalate issues and quickly resolve gaps.
- - Reviews ECR's during program development and in production, to identify concerns and negotiates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- - Knowledge of Procurement principles including strategic sourcing and legal aspects of purchasing.
- - Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base.
- - Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes and market conditions in area of specialization.
- - Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- - Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- - Skill in complex communications such as negotiation and problem resolution.
- - Skill in utilizing cost models in commercial negotiation.
- - Ability to analyze supplier's cost breakdown and to identify areas of concern.
- - Ability to prepare for and participate in the negotiation of commercial agreements such Statements of Work.
- - Ability to benchmark processes for efficiency and cost.
- - Experience with Oracle/SAP ERP, Excel (Advanced), MS office suite
- - Bachelor's degree in related field and 6+ years of Procurement experience, preferably in the automotive domain
- - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- - Experience working with Automotive / Electric Vehicle Commodities
- - Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making.
- - Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- - Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.