If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing, and revising a wide range of complex commercial contracts and other agreements, including those related to: supply of direct components and systems, engineering services, production, manufacturing, distribution, technology licensing, equipment purchase and joint development agreements
- Identify, interpret, explain, and advise on non-standard terms and associated risks, contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposure to relevant business stakeholders
- Develop and implement training and education programs for various business stakeholders on commercial contract terms and our commercial contracting processes. Advise internal clients on strategic sourcing and negotiation best practices
- Resolve issues in existing commercial relationship and support dispute resolution efforts
- Work with other members of the legal team to improve applicable contract templates, processes and procedures
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and as a legal business partner to multiple internal business stakeholders
- Juris Doctorate, admitted in the State of Texas
- 10+ years of commercial contracts experience in the automotive industry, either at a top law firm, in-house or a combination thereof
- Self-starter, who can handle negotiations with relative independence
- Outstanding writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced non-environment
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and draft correspondence relating to business and legal matters
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness and desire to take on new challenges – identify a need and find and carry out a solution.
- Positive attitude and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 15+ years of commercial contract experience in the automotive industry
- Experience managing and developing policy for global risk compliance on issues such as recall, warranty and general liability
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Incentive Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.