If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We're a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a "job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
CAE Engineer – Crash will be responsible for the vehicle crash simulations by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
- Utilize CAE techniques with component, system, and full vehicle models to assess performance in crash attributes for full EV structure.
- Build and maintain the crash model
- Set up boundary conditions and barriers for the load cases (including but not limited to FMVSS, USNCAP, IIHS and Euro NCAP)
- Post process the results and make design recommendation
- Define the vehicle structural architecture and support the packaging of key components for optimize the crash performance
- Optimize the structure from concept to detailed design for mass and performance
- Support mass evaluations, trade-off and concept studies
- Support component, sub-systems and vehicle testing to correlate the CAE model
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- 10-15 years of full vehicle CAE crash simulation experience in the automotive industry
- At least 1 full-vehicle developed cycle experience from concept to launch
- Extensive Side Crash simulation experience and fully understanding the latest regulation/ consumer test changes for Side Crash.
- Experience in the Seat pull analysis for FMVSS207/210 is desired
- Highly skilled in “hands on” CAE Crash Safety model development
- Expert with explicit solver (LS-Dyna)
- Expert in pre-post processors such as Primer / ANSA / HyperWorks
- In-depth understanding of explicit solver / element formulation / material characterization
- Strong understanding of physical vehicle hardware and its CAE representation
- Sound understanding of the various regulations and their evaluation criteria
Characteristics the successful candidate should have
- High attention to detail
- Creative mindset with the ability to create practical work-around solutions when necessary
- Open-minded with a desire and aptitude to work in a team environment with individuals having diverse backgrounds and experience
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.