If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Design and implementation of manufacturing strategy for EOL Test Equipment and Vehicle software flashing. Also responsible for design and implement interface with Contract Manufacturer on all aspects of the Manufacturing Execution System to ensure sure all data is captured properly within the Contract Manufacturers system and transferred into a system that can be used for fleet tracking within Canoo.
- Develop and implement the MES program strategy for Canoo leveraging the existing system from a Contract Manufacturer
- Define and Manage implementation of overall product testing (EOL Test) and software flashing/update process
- Coordinate with Contract Manufacturer and other leaders to drive standardization and best practices in manufacturing IT programs, both in technology and approach
- Monitor the performance of the existing MES system across appropriate run metrics (availability, tech performance, etc.) and take lead in reporting regionally and globally as needed and in coordination of appropriate issue resolution
- Translate business requirements to MES software solutions
- Assist in estimates of implementation project activities
- Provide product focused leadership for functional area assigned
- Understand the Global MES design and be able to write and supervise code development that aligns with the design
- Drive standardized business processes among manufacturing systems/functions to simplify business processes using industry experience
- Work closely with management to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, including translate needs to functional systems requirement documents and design specifications
- Have 15+ years experience in MES application development and implementation
- Experience developing and implementing End of Line Test equipment in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to work independently as well as within multi-disciplinary teams;
- People management skills
- Proven ability to manage software implementations across multiple, global locations, with strong ability to interact effectively within a multidisciplinary and diverse team.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, organizational, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Support manufacturing leadership in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement
- Determine value assessment/business drivers for process improvement within manufacturing IT
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate discipline.
- Manufacturing IT Operational experience desired
- Experience in MES application in Automotive Industry
- Travel required as needed
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.