If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Perform entry-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments, and certifications.
- Pick up and deliver customer vehicles using full-size truck and 20ft trailer.
- Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars.
- Maintain records of time and materials.
- Order shop supplies and parts.
- Help maintain vehicle cleanliness of customer cars.
- Support journeymen technicians as needed
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles. Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment
- Efficient skills in basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
- Light duty fabrication experienced with; Drill Press, Sheet metal tools, various hand tools
- Low voltage vehicle wiring (12v system and component integration)
- Vehicle test setup experience a plus (Suspension configuring, Instrumentation)
- Data Logging and instrumentation with experience in thermocouples & accelerometers
- Valid Drivers License, and clean driving record is imperative
- High School Diploma.
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology a plus
- Retail automotive service experience a plus
- Preferred EV/HV experience
- Automotive HVAC experience a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.