Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
Define the Database and reporting standards supporting architecture for multiple platforms across all innovative Canoo processes & products.
Develop global data & reporting standards and collaborate across engineering groups to maximize the use of common data segmentation methods and influence emerging data platform technologies, conventions and data warehousing standards.
Collaborate with Product/Portfolio Management, Architects and Product Owners from various teams and Executive leaders to define the global data warehousing pipeline to support business and global technical strategy.
Collaborate with global engineering leads at various Canoo business units to establish and drive adoption of conventions and innovation.
- Contribute on all the stages of data strategy to create master data management standards for all projects
- Provide architectural and strategic technical guidance to highly skilled data modelers, ETL, and BI developers
- Maintains and enhance a set of critical data models supporting Canoo automotive, manufacturing, logistics and other division operations
- Maintains complex data pipeline supporting global mission in democratizing data and enabling a data driven organization working closely with partner architects and IT Leadership
- Effectively communicate actionable data strategy insights at all levels of the organization
- Collaborate closely with leadership, engineering, and other stakeholders to improve Canoo’s global view of modeling and engineering
- Architect and model a standardize data model for Canoo customers and build knowledge & reporting strategy metrics to include but not limited to customers demographics and product life cycle
- Define data consumption strategy between interdepartmental sales and operations process
- Employ and improve industry-leading, scalable, distributed open-source technologies
- Guide data engineers and data scientists to drive efficient data solutions for all platforms
- Lead effort in defining the data story and enable data-driven solutions for Canoo from a technical and cultural mindset
- Master's in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or another data-related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Experience completing multiple data science projects end-to-end; from idea generation, goals formulation, to implementation and deliverables
- Experience with applied machine learning, business analytics and data visualization
- Working knowledge or experience with Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud
- Experience with deep learning models
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, source of truth systems for different business areas
- Experience modeling MDM to facility high volume data across multiple API vendor requests to ensure high-quality data is available to execute Global business processes.
- Working experience with Kafka/AWS and other Streaming layer
- Experience in Big Data Integration & Analytics is required
- Experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Automotive and Logistics data is required
- Solve complex integration problems using advanced data mapping and data segmentation pipeline modeling and optimization techniques, including but not limited to, big data pre-processing, problem formulation, features engineering, algorithmic selection and evaluation, hyper-parameter tuning for machine learning, and deployment
- Design & Architect back-end systems from scratch that are capable of handling trillion+ events per day
- Build data strategy around operating high availability and scalable distributed systems across multiple locations
- Strong experience with relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL databases experience is required
- Strong background in data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.