If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Manufacturing Lead Engineer - Paint is responsible for the planning of paint systems for automotive and manufacturing environments, and to prepare conceptual layouts, perform engineering calculations, and specify equipment for paint systems.
- Understand the chemistry and mechanics of surface treatment in the field of cleaning, phosphate, e-coating, and sealing of vehicle bodies and components
- Understand mechanical systems and manufacturing processes for which systems will be designed. Mechanical systems include paint and coating application processes.
- Understand and be familiar with all applicable governmental (i.e., OSHA, NFPA) safety codes & standards.
- Prepare contract documents and project records.
- Prepare bid package as well as detailed fabrication drawings and specifications for a complete system.
- Assist in specifying requirements for all purchased equipment and devices used in system design and operations.
- Assist in the performance of all necessary design air, calculations with regards to static losses, downdraft requirements, and systems effects losses.
- Perform peer reviews of engineering materials to ensure deliverable quality.
- Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
- Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
- Review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
- Perform benchmarking of existing equipment, sites, and facilities.
- Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
- Be cognizant of installation concepts and practices to assure designs may be fabricated and installed with ease.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 5+ years in the field of automotive painting is preferred.
- Automotive paint system installation experience strongly desired.
- Proven ability to manage, launch, and achieve standardization practices using process improvement tools.
- Manufacturing product /process design experience with tool/die knowledge.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office
- Experience with ergonomic design and integration
- Must have knowledge of paint processes, phosphate, electro coat, acrylic, powder coat, liquid, or other paint processes.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Capability to work with equipment/chemical suppliers
- Prior experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing Tools (Blitz, Kaizen Action Sheets, Value Stream Mapping, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to give and gain the respect of all employees
- Travel required on an occasional basis.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.