Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
As the Warranty Manager, you will be responsible establishing warranty policy, procedures, and operations. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated leader with 5 or more years of automotive warranty experience. This is a great opportunity to build a group from the ground up and help to establish the Canoo Brand.
- Develop, document, publish, and execute warranty and goodwill policies and procedures in compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Implement a third-party warranty claims submission, adjudication, and payment system
- Monitor warranty expense, utilizing data analytics to detect claim anomalies, and address issues
- Support ancillary tools and systems, like Labor Time Guides, Service Bulletins, Warranty Knowledge portal, etc.
- Develop and implement extended warranty/service contracts and Certified Pre-owned warranty program
- Implement early warning and exception reporting, including TREAD Act
- Establish a warranty audit function that works in partnership with the Technical Field Team
- Develop service center training materials and on-line classes
- Establish a warranty parts returns process, NTF analysis, and supplier recovery program
- Provide a feedback loop to Manufacturing on early failure parts and components
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of automotive warranty experience.
- 5+ years of automotive leadership experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws governing warranty, including the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.
- Ability to devise and implement strategic and tactical plans to build and scale the business.
- Ability to lead agile teams and collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial reports and analysis.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Experience working in agile teams
- Proficient with Microsoft office.
- 5+ years of warranty leadership experience with an OEM
- Previous experience with a start-up is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.