If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Director of CAE will be responsible for all the mechanical and occupant CAE. The goal would be to collaborate with all areas of engineering to deliver the product attributes agreed to at the onset of each project.
- Build an organization to support all aspects of CAE, from structural performance, durability, NVH, vehicle and occupant safety etc.
- Be the go-to person for all things CAE in the organization
- Drive the vehicle designs with CAE, while balancing all applicable Global Safety Requirements for specific area of responsibility (i.e., Frontal impact & Side Impact like FMVSS /ECE /China /EuroNCAP /USNCAP etc.)
- Set up standard and requirements for the teams to work to
- Set up budgets and establish goals for the teams to work to
- Ensure the tams are working with the right tools for highest productivity and fast turnarounds
- Ensure the teams have the right hardware support and work with the IT teams for the same
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required, Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Demonstrated the ability to lead fast paced teams in an automotive space
- Deep knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics, Material science and Numerical Methods within an automotive product development environment
- Expert knowledge on different crash test modes and ATDs and the conflicting requirements among them (homologation tests of US, EU and other markets, NCAP tests, IIHS tests and other consumer information or due care tests), and the balance in the system performance optimization process
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience with at least two automotive product lines
- In-depth knowledge about CAE tools (ANSA, Hyper Works, LS-Dyna, Primer), their applications and limitations. Knowledge of MADYMO tool preferred
- In-depth knowledge about passive restraint systems (airbags, seat belts, etc.) and their design parameters with respect to occupant protection
- Knowledge of optimization tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on difficult projects with tight timing constraints
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.