If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As a Project Engineer in the Exteriors team, you will be reporting directly to the In-Charge of the Exterior Systems and help effectively organize and drive current and future programs and activities and support meeting company milestones. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure program requirements are met in a timely, organized and effective manner.
- Define, implement, and drive project requirements, workflows and plans while managing timelines, communications, quality, risk, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, identifying resource constraints and any other issue that arise.
- Finalize project scope, define initial assumptions, and secure project resources.
- Manage budgetary and CAPX spend.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to define program milestones and set a plan for success.
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution, and deliver results.
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables, keep project plans up to date, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.
- Continuously monitor and measure project process and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution.
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risk.
- Track and manage changes to scope.
- Work with nominees and nominated suppliers through concept and development stage and communicate technical and program requirements.
- Maintain and track open items, iterations, cost, and timing impacts from concept to production in the most effective way.
- Create formal project communication plans key project metrics and dashboard for project status communication.
- 7+ years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Proven experience of on-time delivery of world class quality exterior commodities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Exterior Trim, plastic, Color Material Finish requirements, overall craftsmanship requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing.
- Experience in managing multiple activities running concurrently and with full-service suppliers.
- Experience with CATIA V5/V6.
- Experience of utilizing various manufacturing methods and material; injection molding, thermoforming, compression molding, stamping etc.
- Experience in validating exterior components.
- Experience with Jira.
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Strong work ethics and commitment to engineering excellent products and making data-driven decisions.
- Hands on interest and experience in developing exterior systems from concept to production stages.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in team.
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience.
- Experience on Project Management related software and tools.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.