If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The experienced product development engineer will lead the development of a complex automotive product or system such as displays or lighting.
- Develop, from cradle to grave, an automotive system such as lighting, displays, or other complex systems.
- Have in-depth knowledge of automotive product development, including creating requirements, DVPs, DFMEA, GD&T, component and vehicle testing, and other fundamental system engineering principles.
- Has demonstrated the ability to get projects complete from ideation, to sourcing to product launches.
- Navigate the complexities of a startup and deliver projects on time, at cost, and at quality standards that are expected in the automotive space.
- Knowledge of the automotive electrical architecture is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering degree.
- 10+ years in the automotive product development and or technology industry. Startup experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in project or program management
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to influence and engage at the executive level.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Hands-on interest in developing a real-world product from concept to production stages.
- Passionate about the automotive industry.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.