Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The CAE Engineer – Model Build will be responsible for the vehicle CAE model build by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
- Create and maintain CAE Model for all structural simulations including crash, NVH, durability, closures, and other static and quasi-static simulations
- Ensure the CAE Model is of high quality and kept up-to-date with the latest released engineering CAD releases and in-house modeling guidelines
- Follow work plans for major milestone evaluations about CAE model creation and update systems/subsystems models accordingly
- Facilitate cross-functional work and efficient model sharing between structures design engineers, structures CAE engineers, and CAE engineers for other areas such as aero, thermal, interior, and powertrain
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years in a role with similar responsibilities, or as subsystem CAE lead
- Highly experienced in CAE model build for Automotive components/subsystems / full vehicles
- Proficient in HyperWorks suite and ANSA is a must; skills in using Oasys Primer, LS-PrePost, and other CAE pre- and post- processors are highly desired
- Proficient in explicit/implicit solvers such as LS Dyna / Optistruct / ADAMS and practical understanding for NVH/Durability/Crash simulation is highly desired
- Script skills including Python and/or HyperWorks TCL/TK
- Deep knowledge of EV and Automotive Structures
- Track record of successful cross-functional teamwork
- Creative mindset with the ability to create practical workaround solutions when necessary
- Open-minded with a desire and aptitude to work in a team environment with individuals having diverse backgrounds and experience
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.