If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Solutions Architect Manager is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain and their conformance to IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
You will be able to look across the assigned domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of approved technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
- Drive strategy and road map exercises, architecture definition, product selection, application and integration design
- Play key roles in large projects
- Participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery
- Architect and design core business applications and integrations
- Wear many hats and gain experience in different business domains, tools, technologies and platforms across many technology stacks
- Responsible for leading the definition of solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements
- Responsible for definition of current state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas
- Responsible for development and approval of future state application or infrastructure architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks
- Understand, apply and recommend architecture principles in the context of a specific solution
- Responsible for integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across all architectural layers
- Understand the implications of technology decisions and recommendations across multiple domain areas
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas
- Promote innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business domain area
- Introduce technology innovation opportunities to the Canoo IT organization. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies for inclusion as Canoo IT standards
- Provide guidance, coaching and/or training to others as appropriate. Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of software industry technical experience
- Self-starter with the drive and conviction to do things right the first time
- Proven track record of delivering reliable and scalable software solutions
- Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Effective management of multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Experience with large scale systems
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.